Custom ElectroMechanical Assemblies
(Click on thumbnail to enlarge)
At Captor Corporation, we have built our reputation by providing our clients with reliable, customized solutions delivered faster and at a more competitive cost than most off-the-shelf parts. Our highly motivated and technically trained staff of engineering, production, and assembly professionals allowed us to build a high volume of this complex electromechanical assembly at a very favorable cost to the customer.
We assembled this Electromechanical Assembly with the AC and DC power lines, 115 VAC to 270 VDC rectifier, and DC-DC converter, the assembly incorporated multiple circuit cards, capacitor bank for voltage storage, and EMI filters for the power lines. The large number of signal lines required a significant amount of wiring in tight space constraints, but our engineers devised an inventive strategy for routing the multiple wire harnesses in a streamlined manner that allowed for accurate and repeatable assembly.
Production of the aluminum housing involved both dip brazing and finish machining. With dimensions of 12.00" in length x 12.00" in width x 16.00" in height, it features a MIL-DTL-5541 conversion coating and selectively painted finish. Input terminals consist of 4 separate MS27508 series connectors while the output termination is a custom manufactured 500 pin connector.
Operating from 3-phase 115 VAC, 400 Hz, it supports five pairs of 270 VDC, 6 A lines; two pairs of 28 VDC, 25 A lines; as well as 5 VDC, 100 mA on 265 signal lines and high-speed Ethernet. To ensure compliance with a rigorous set of specifications, we designed and manufactured custom functional test equipment to ensure the quality and operational integrity of this complex assembly. QA involved a significant amount of electrical and environmental testing according to MIL-STD-220 standards, specifics of which are listed in the table below. If you are interested in learning more about this project or our ability to provide customized products at reasonable rates, contact us today.
Electromechanical Assembly Capabilities
- DC-DC Converter, 115 VAC to 270 VDC Rectifier, Capacitor Bank for Voltage Storage, Multiple Circuit Cards, Internal Wire Harnesses, Filters AC Power Lines, DC power lines, and signal lines for system application.
- Operating Voltages and Currents
- 115 VAC, 3 phase, 400 Hz, 5.5 amps
270 VDC, 6 amps, 5 pairs
28 VDC, 25 amps, 2 pairs
- 5 VDC, 100 mA for 265 signal lines
High Speed Ethernet Signals
- 115 VAC, 3 phase, 400 Hz, 5.5 amps
- Electrical Testing Performed
- Functional Test Equipment designed and manufactured to meet customers operating requirements.
Insertion Loss: MIL-STD-220
DWV: MIL-STD-202, Method 301
Insulation Resistance: MIL-STD-202, Method 302, Test Condition A
Capacitance: MIL-STD-202, Method 305
Burn-In at rated voltages and currents
- Environmental Testing Performed
- Vibration: MIL-STD-202, Method 204, Test Condition D
Shock: MIL-STD-202, Method 213, Test Condition C
Thermal Shock/Cycling: MIL-STD-202 Method 107, Test Condition A
Humidity: MIL-STD-810 Method 507
Altitude: MIL-STD-202, Method 105, Perform DWV and IR
- Input Termination
- 4 Separate MS27508 Series Connector
- Output Termination
- Custom 500 Pin Connector
- Overall Part Dimensions
- 12.00 x 12.00 x 16.00 inches
- Estimated Part Weight
- 48 pounds
- Operating Temperature Range
- -55° to +105°C
- Non-Operating Temperature Range
- -55° to +125°C
- Chassis Material
- Machined and Dip Brazed Aluminum
- Chassis Finish
- Chemical Conversion Coating in accordance with MIL-DTL-5541, Selective Painting
- Threaded Inserts
- Industry for use
- Air Force, Aerospace
- Standards met
- Customer supplied specification, AS9100 quality system, ANSI/IPC-A-610 Class 3 workmanship, IPC/WHMA-A-620